The Loot Insurance Dev Blog of Doom™
for the tl;dr set:
- Meta 0 drops from rats go bye bye replaced by metal scraps.
- Meta 1-4 still there so you can still reprocess the meta 1-2 if you want.
- Rebalance of drone poo (ratios are closer to manufacturing consumption averages).
- drone poo also lighter, more movable.
- Increase in trit/pye/mex amounts per refine in certain low sec/0.0 ores.
- insurance adjusted monthly based on weighted market averages.
- insurance coverage based on ship class.
- 100% for T1 tacklers
- much lower for longer lived ships (20-60% for T2)
- real low for super caps (1-10%) - loosing Super Carriers and Titans is going to HURT!
- 100% for T3 (but it only covers the hull)
More of the minerals on the market will be coming from actual mining (miners rejoice). Insurance being pegged to market values however will mean that there will effectively be no floor. Industrialists and miners have been screaming for these changes since forever. As far as I can see, this will have little impact on mission running (most of the isk from the drops comes from the meta 4 drops anyways and that isn't going to change).
Note that this will have no effect on suicide ganking - which is a separate issue. However this will effectively remove both the floor to mineral prices (altogether) and remove a non-mining source of minerals that was an irritant to miners since the game began.
I approve greatly of these changes.