Member of the EVE Tweet Fleet

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The sinews of war

You'll all have noticed by now that I haven't done a lot of mining since I started FW. This is mainly because, although I have one of the highest loss rates in the militia, I'm flying pure mainly T1 fit T1 ships. I did, however, help out a few other FW pilots with some larger hulls at one point (2 cyclones and a bunch of other stuff). This combined with my own production (and the increase in cruiser hulls) means that my mineral bank was bottoming out and I decided it was time for a small mining op.

I ended up melting most of a belt in 4h. Not great, but then again with the picked over high sec belts, about as good as it gets. I ended up with over 4mil trit from that op. This, combined with my existing reserves, represents enough minerals for about 8 Ruptures or 16 Scythes or proportionaly greater smaller ships. Basicaly This works out to 6h mining in high sec = enough lows for a Tier 1 BS. Not bad. Since I'm sticking to the small, disposable and self manufactured, it means I should be able to go about another 3 weeks before I need to mine again.

The corp I joined seems to have a 25% tax mission day. Not an issue except that since I'm still not flying BS I realy can't contribute as much flying missions as my SP would indicate that I should. I'll be donating fully fit T1 frigates for use in frigate fleets instead. The rest of the week and into the weekend I'll be on patrol and in the war zone.

No comments: