I'm currently exploring the new PI. Indeed it is MUCH less of a click fest. Carpal tunnel is no longer a danger. Also my main hauling alt is getting almost total maxed out as a Orca mining fleet booster (Foreman 5, Director 5, Warfare Link Spec 5, Orca 5, Leadership 5) I only needed Cybernetics 5 to get the mining foreman mindlink installed. That will happen sometime tonight. So I did a bit of mission mining and actually made use of my freighter to haul everything that needed to be melted over to a station I have perfect refines at.
I still need to work on my PI layouts and plans. One thing that I think will throw a lot of people is the mix of units in the same columns on some of the screens. For example when looking at the links table it shows incoming and outgoing links. The problem is that the incoming units seem to be units per hour and the outgoing seem to be units per cycle. Allow me to object to this strenuously as a stupid bug. That's going to cause a lot of hair tearing and complaints on the forum for nothing... *sigh*... I mean come on, this is "logbook 101" level stuff.
That complaint aside, one piece of advice I have for people with POS fuel chains is that you can always make a gas planet as your final manufacturing planet. Just use one extractor for the oxygen and you'll get tonnes of space for the advanced factories to make the actual robotics (i.e. in high sec you could set up 5 planets: 2 Lava, 2 Barren and 1 Gas and get Robotics and Oxygen). Ah well.
As far as development plans for Letrange ge, I've just finished getting Propulsion Jamming V (and incidentally picked up the Heavy Interdictor skill). Stuff on my "Short List" include:
- Frigate Construction 5 (Want to be able to build Jaguars)
- Logistics 4 and 5 (Want to be able to fly a proper logistics ship)
- Battlecruiser 5 (To get into command ships)
- Anchoring 5 (to get Starbase Defense, so it's not just my alts that can POS gun)
- Various navigation Skills to 5.
- Shield tanking skills (need to finish a few things off)
- Armor tanking skills (ditto)
- Lowsec and 0.0 ore refining to 4 (so I can use T2 crystals on those as well)