Member of the EVE Tweet Fleet

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Way to f-ing early...

Hi all, my prediction that my presence online during my vacation would prove "sporadic" has come true. I have however managed to keep going with PI. I have even confirmed a way to AVOID losses. This is however not making me very happy with EVE online. Since it forces me to be up and online between the times of 7:30 and 8:30 am right before I go to work...

Fuck I thought we'd gotten rid of the forced timer stuff with skill queues... But nooooo, CCP has to go and resurect that thing with PI...

Not happy. No losses of materials so long as I make sure all P1->P2, P2->P3, P3/1->P4 production avoids downtime entirely. What a surprise.

4 comments:

Angus said...

When are you going to post the responses to your bug report on this issue?

Mat Westhorpe said...

It's rubbish isn't it. I really like the concept behind PI, but it's implementation has seen the worst elements of mining combined with pre-skill queue levels of inconvenience all with added labour-intensive clicking.

They've got an odd take on entertaining game design in Iceland. I can only hope the promised iterative development will see the late adoption of concepts like user-friendliness and fun.

Unknown said...

Have you run into the problem with Coolant or Construction blocks doing about 2.5x over-time? I fill a launch pad for 3-days worth of production and return with a half day remaining on the following day.

Weirdness.
IMarv

Mat Westhorpe said...

@IMarvinTPA - I've experienced similar, although I can't remember the specifics. But a 4-day cycle was stuck on for over a week. Very annoying.