Member of the EVE Tweet Fleet

Friday, October 24, 2008

Plexing for fun and profit.

Day before yesterday was a fun evening we had a bunch of contiguous systems with some PIE pilots in the area so there was much too-ing and fro-ing and ninja plexing and occasional short sharp battles. As usual I had started off my evening in high sec and brought down some piping hot new ships to the battle zone. After getting the ships to the forward base I joined up in a gang and fun ensued.

Yesterday looked to be a mirror of the day before. I started by moving some ships arround in low sec, then a quick trip up to high sec to get a new batch of piping hot Rifters from the oven and moved to my forward base. At some point in time I'm going to have to talk to my Caldari, Amarr and Gallente bretheren in the militia for standard T1 fits for their vessles as well so that when I put together T1 frigate fleets I don't leave anyone out.

Once things delivered and one of the new ships moved out to low sec, it was just a matter of joining up the plexing fleet in progress. Apparently I missed out on a brand new (read full of ego) FC who hasn't even flown with the militia before he tries to lead it. Comments ranged from "competant and knows what he's doing" to "asshat" with a split between those who'd fly with him again and those who'd avoid him like the plague. Once again someone who tries to FC before getting to know the pilots he's FC'ing criples his future fleets.

This evening's fleet ended up after some initial bloodless skirmishes doing nothing but plexing as we aquiried a PIE tail for the rest of the evening. Now one of the things I've noticed is that when getting multiple plexes run at the same time, there's a lot of ad-hoc assigning of ships to the plexes. I think we need a bit more organization for stuff like this in fleet. I didn't make a comment about it because FCs run their fleets the way they want. I think however things would have gone a little smoother if he'd sub-divided his fleet into 3 dessy/frig squadrons and a bigger cruiser squadron. It would have made ordering the ships arround the plexes much simpler.

We'll have to see if we can organize things better next time. We definitly need more practice with dispersed fleets. Getting a handle on where everyone is going and splitting off elements is going to take a bit more organization and flexibility than the current monolithic structure allows.

2 comments:

Bahamut said...

Organization is ALWAYS key.

Anonymous said...

"oomox for fun and profit"