Member of the EVE Tweet Fleet

Friday, January 13, 2012

I used to know this stuff

EVE's learning cliff is alive and well.  I am re-scaling parts of it I had not seen in a while.  Case in point:  Bombs launch in the direction you approach, not the direction the camera is facing...

Bombing run #1 over in right field, bombing run #2: on target...

I didn't kill any blues, and I managed to return the ship I borrowed, but yea, it's been a learning experience.  Lucky I wasn't the only one channeling the god of dumb last night.  Someone forgot to fit a cyno on their ship and that did not end well...  "I'll cyno you in on them"...  "oh shit"...  "-.-;"...  Glad that particular incident was not me.  Also: "take fleet warp" when there's no one in fleet or wing position...  Let's just put that fleet behind us and try not to do it like that again.

So I was dangling over the cliff by my finger tips but all ended well, for most of us anyways.  The devil is in the details.  Like where to set the exact keep at distance value (i.e. on the button in the selection tool, not in a right menu in the overview....  or in space...  like I said, details...

Also, good thing I noticed my skills were 4 million above my medical clone BEFORE I ended up needing to re-upgrade a clone....

Those of you coming back to EVE after an extended stay away may want to brush up on those items.  I know there's more than 2 or 3 of you.

2 comments:

Jivane said...

Just for information : Crucible help for bombing runs :)

Activate tactical overlay, and hover your launcher. You will saw where your bomb will explode and it's explosion radius.

http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=3108

"And finally, one of my pet peeves for years now has been that missile launchers don’t show their range when you mouse over them when using the tactical overlay, so I’ve gone ahead and fixed that for you too. And while I was at it, I did some extra credit and made it so bomb launchers show the explosion radius centered where the bomb is going to land ~30km in front of your ship."

Don't know if this is usable during lag period (wormholer reporting :P) but it exist :)

Letrange said...

ooooooo, Thank you thank you thank you...