Member of the EVE Tweet Fleet

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Some ratting, taking it easy

I took it easy the last two days. I've re-built my cyclone. It's got 17mil in named modules, tech 2 modules and rigs. Less than 1/3 of the parts needed for the rigs were on hand. I've used metalevel 3 artillery and metalevel 2 heavy missile launcher. So once again my premier mission ship is ready to go.

In order to help replenish my salvage stocks I've been ratting in low sec with my jaguar. Pretty quiet system. Only had to deal with a pirate once. This was a few weeks ago. Some interceptor had pointed me but then started orbiting at extreme range of his warp disruptor. I was kind of bemused. There was no way he was going to break the tank on my jag and there was no way I'd be able to get him in range of my autocannons. But on the off chance he was hollering on his channels for help, it was time to get out. The way to break someone doing this type of tackle is easy. Simply pick a direction on the plane of his orbit and hit the AB/MWD. Since this turns his orbit into an ellipse with your craft at one of the focal points, if he's orbiting at the outer edge of a circular orbit, when you stretch it into an ellipse, and he's at the equivalent of the winter solstice (maximum distance from the orbit point) he'll usually fall outside the range of his disruptor. At that point you simply warp away. Works best if you move in the direction of an object you can warp to - obviously.

The ratting has been going well I must admit. And I've resumed missioning since my mission boat is back. I'm going to have to think about getting a 2nd battle cruiser for low sec ratting. This one with simple T1 modules and ammo so it can be lost and not be a financial catastrophe. We'll see.

No comments: